Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

I am not a mother (yet), but I am a daughter. I am pretty sure my mom knows how much I appreciate her, but it's always nice to have a day that we can take the time out to do something special for our mothers.

I also know that one day this special day will be much different when I do have kids and I am a mother. But, the timing isn't right now. If my life had been as I had planned it, I probably would have a child right now, but luckily, God had a different plan. For one reason or the other, we have put off trying to start a family. But, I think it was all for a good reason, and now I see why. CC is starting a new career. A tough career to add to that. He's gone, we're adjusting, and it's difficult. I can't even imagine how hard this transition would be with kids.

  • We went from a very consistent schedule to a now unpredictable schedule. This is difficult for me to adjust to, I know it would be difficult to adjust with a family on top of that.
  • CC and I are working out how to get our needs taken care of with the different shifts and time away, and once again, I can't imagine how it will be once kids are in the picture and we have to balance both at the same time.
  • CC needs time to himself and to just relax when he gets in for the weekend which would be very difficult to manage if there were children.

I will be a mother, and when the timing is in God's time, it will happen. But, even though I want a child, I am thankful that I'm not a mother yet. This time in our life is hard enough on our marriage, I can only think how different it would be with a family. I don't know how all of you cop wives do it with kids. I'll learn, and I guarantee I will be asking all kinds of questions when it's that time! (So you better answer them!)

1 comment:

  1. I do not know how long you have been married, but Mr. Man and I waited for over 3 years before we had our first child. She is now 24 years old and she is expecting her first child in September. God will lead you when it is the right time. Take care of yourself and CC. I would love for you to visit Seeking Grace. Take care and tell CC to take it easy out there.
    Hugs,
    Bren

    ReplyDelete