Saturday, July 17, 2010

In the Middle of Nights

My schedule is so off!  CC started night shift (10 pm - 6 am) this week.  This is only his 4th night, but my goodness it already seems crazy!  Back in the fall, CC worked the night shift for a while, but I guess I already forgot what it's like! 

I have been trying to alter my schedule a little bit to help allow me to be in bed with CC for longer after he gets home.  Since it's summertime and I'm not working (and I am a night owl anyway) I'm staying up until 2 or 3 each night so that I sleep longer and stay quiet while he's sleeping!  I'm sure many of you have dealt with this, but our "together" time has been somewhat odd.  Granted, this isn't such a good thing since we are going through the beginning stages of fertility treatments and trying to start a family, but I guess we find time???????!!!!   It's just making me think things will definitely have to be a little more unconventional!  (Sorry, I know it's a little too much for you to know, but hey, it's the life of a LEO wife, right?)

A new addition to our house - black out curtains!  CC complained that it was too bright in the room, so I took the hint and went and got some fabric (Hancock fabrics was having a sale and I got 7 yards of thick, dark designer fabric for $25!!) and sewed some very basic curtains to go over the windows in our bedroom.  They turned out fine.  I wish they were longer, but oh well.  A novice mistake!  :) 

It's a good thing I started this blog design thing because I have been able to stay up easily working on different things.  (If you haven't checked it out yet, please do!  I'm still offering a 20% discount!  And if you don't want a new design, tell your friends!)  CC thought I should have a "police" related blog background, so, I just did this new one this evening.  I like it!  I thought it was a nice change, and I guess it does need to be somewhat "police" related! 

Also, CC took me to the gun range.  I guess I'll have to blog about that some other time.  Conclusion: I might go back to the gun range, but I'm not going to be asking to go!  (This is progress, considering the gun thing was the worst of my fears in this whole change of career!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, girl, I just wrote almost this exact same post almost the other day. Good luck with everything - especially the "taking initiative" part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, CCW, I hope it does get better as far as your together time goes. We have that trouble a lot too. It probably will get even worse after your little one arrives! I guess, the pressure will be off though!

    The gun thing worries me too. My hubby wants to get one to protect our daughter, but I don't want to get one to protect our daughter..humm, who's right? We could be arguing all night!!

    Good job on the curtains! I am decorating Baby Girl's curtains with some simple, patches, I guess, and I am gluing them on the curtains to add some detail, then trimming the edges with ribbon. I can't sew to save my life. Anyways, Keeping you in thoughts and prayers!

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get used to the shift stuff but you never love it. I stay at home and homeschool all of our boys so that gives us flexibility with our schedule. Regarding guns, I still don't love those either but you get used to it too. The best thing to ease your mind some is a gun safe. Get one bigger than you think you'll need because he will buy more. :)

    ReplyDelete